Sales Director Job Description
The Sales Director is responsible for directing all sales activities within the company and ensuring the company’s sales grow year on year.
Duties of the Sales Director
- Devising and implementing the company’s sales strategy.
- Setting revenue targets for the company and setting key performance indicators.
- Meeting with the sales managers on a monthly basis to assess company performance against KPI’s.
- Presenting sales results to the board on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Speaking at conferences and events about the company’s products and services.
- Implementing sales strategies across the company and monitoring effectiveness.
- Keeping a close eye on the sales activities of competitors and utilising ideas where appropriate.
- Overseeing performance management of under-performing sales staff.
- Working closely with the national accounts team in order to secure large accounts.
- Implementing a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
- Ensuring the organisation has an effective sales training programme.
- Working with members of the board on budgeting and planning.
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers and ensuring commerciality.
- Implementing an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process.
- Ensuring the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the department.
Background of the Sales Director
- Previous experience working as a sales director ideally for a similar organisation.
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with sales teams.
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
- Formal sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Sales Director then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.