Head of Marketing Job Description
The head of marketing oversees all marketing activities of the company ensuring the marketing team effectively fulfils the organisations marketing strategy.
Duties of the Head of Marketing
- All aspects of daily management for the Marketing Department.
- Working closely with the Marketing Director to devise an effective marketing strategy.
- Recruitment and selection of new members of the marketing team.
- Ensuring staffing levels are maintained in order to complete all aspects of the company’s marketing strategy.
- Carrying out competitor analysis to ensure the company’s marketing strategy is competing effectively.
- Reporting on all marketing activities to the Director of Marketing.
- Working closely with other heads of departments on company projects.
- Completing various marketing projects at the request of senior directors.
- Making sure that brand guidelines are adhered to in all marketing activities across the company.
Representing the company at industry events and conferences.
Background of the Head of Marketing
- Previous experience in a similar position is essential ideally from a competitor or company operating in a similar market.
- Up to date knowledge of marketing best practice and an eye for creative marketing opportunities.
- Strong understanding of effective PR and Marketing Communications.
- An ability to lead and inspire marketing teams.
- Degree qualified and member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a marketing manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist marketing recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.
The next position on the career ladder for a head of marketing would be director of marketing.