Sales Executive Job Description
The Sales Executive is responsible for generating sales for the business using a variety of sales techniques.
Duties of the Sales Executive
- Cold calling potential customers and selling the company’s products.
- Researching the target market and finding companies to target.
- Attending meetings with potential customers and closing sales.
- Building a sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of sales.
- Working to monthly sales and revenue targets as set by the sales manager.
- Progressing towards activity targets and KPI’s set by the sales manager.
- Entering all required data for sales onto the company system.
- Creating invoices and sending out to customers following a sale.
- Updating the CRM and inputting information on customers.
- Following up with past customers and cross selling products.
- Providing assistance to other members of the sales team.
- Following up on leads generated by other departments.
Investigating and resolving queries from customers.
Background of the Sales Executive
- Previous experience in a sales role for another company.
- Self-motivated and organised individual.
- Track record of achieving KPI’s and targets.
- Outgoing with an ability to build rapport with people of all backgrounds.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Sales Executive then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 0207 125 0460. Alternatively you can email us at: email@example.com and we will get straight back to you.
The next role on the career path of a sales executive would be sales manager.