CEO Job Description
The CEO or Chief Executive Officer oversees the overall business strategy and guidance of the organization.
Duties of the CEO
- Providing leadership, management and strategy to the business.
- Overseeing operational improvement across all areas of the company.
- Creation of a long term strategic and financial plan.
- Monitoring company activities and ensuring the business operates within guidleines.
- Formulating company policies and strategies with a view to driving growth.
- Advising on the future growth of the business.
- Providing strategic analysis, forecasts and projections to the business.
- Overseeing company-wide re-organisation and restructuring.
- Investigating opportunities to grow the business through strategic acquisitions.
- Carrying out due diligence for potential company acquisitions.
- Overseeing the creation of strategic partnerships with relevant organisations.
- Ensuring efficient use of company assets across the organisation.
- Representing the business in financial negotiations with investors and banks.
- Recruiting and providing direction to company directors.
Background of the CEO
- Previous experience providing strategic guidance to large organisations.
- Extensive network within the city and across boards of directors of other businesses.
- Excellent commercial outlook with an ability to see what really matters for a company.
- Strong financial Acumen with a highly analytical outlook.