Commercial Director Job Description
The commercial director oversees all commercial activities of an organisation ensuring it maximises all opportunities for profit generation available to it.
Duties of the Commercial Director
- Implementing strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth.
- Carrying out risk assessment when taking on new customer accounts.
- Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes.
- Management and reporting of supplier contracts and terms.
- Streamlining lead generation processes enabling sales teams to chase leads swiftly.
- Analysing opportunities for growth via acquisition and performing due diligence.
- Implementing new sales strategies and ensuring departments follow industry best practice.
- Making commercial recommendations to the board of directors.
- Setting and delivering the company plan alongside other directors.
- Handling a variety of projects for the business and overseeing project management.
Background of the Commercial Director
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
- Relevant industry experience and in depth knowledge of the market.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Commercial Director then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist executive recruitment team on 0207 125 0460, alternatively you can email us at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.
The next role on the career path of a Commercial Director would be Managing Director.