Chief Marketing Officer Job Description
The Chief Marketing Officer holds overall responsibility for the marketing strategy of an organisation.
Duties of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Creating a clear marketing strategy that encompasses all marketing segments.
- Developing the company’s mid to long term strategic and annual business plans.
- Streamlining marketing process to realise cost savings across the department.
- Analysing current marketing strategies and implementing changes.
- Measuring the success of marketing and creative campaigns across the business.
- Selection of marketing agency partners and reviewing their activities.
- Overseeing all marketing activities across the full marketing mix.
- Maximising opportunities for online revenue generation through multiple channels.
- Assessing new marketing opportunities for generating business.
- Keeping up to date with industry and technological changes that impact the business.
- Overseeing the company’s loyalty programme and CRM activities.
- Ensuring the CRM and all marketing software is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Setting KPI’s for marketing activities across the business.
- Overhauling the marketing department organisational structure.
- Working closely with other members of the board on company plans.
Background of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced at operating at board level within similar organisations.
- Highly strategic outlook and a natural marketing ability.
- Well connected at a senior level within the industry.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Chief Marketing Officer then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist executive recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.