Operations Director Job Description
The operations director holds overall responsibility for the operations and administration functions of the business ensuring the organisation runs smoothly and efficiently.
Duties of the Operations Director
- Overseeing all operational activities for the organisation.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems.
- Translating the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans.
- Defining performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives.
- Reporting to the board on operation activities towards business goals.
- Restructuring business activities to increase speed and efficiency.
- Working alongside other members of the business on business projects.
- Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement.
- overhauling customer service activities and implementing minimum standards across all contact with customers.
- All aspects of Day to day management of the operations team.
- Implementing lean management procedures to minimise stock holding and free up working capital.
- Researching opportunities for cost savings across the business.
- Staying up to date with technological changes within the industry.
- Minimising operation expenditure within the business wherever possible.
- Developing leadership and coaching programmes to increase employee effectiveness.
Directing all operational activities across the organisation.
Background of the Operations Director
- Commercial awareness with an eye for seeing business improvement opportunities.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to communicate complex business ideas.
- Previous experience working for a company within the industry or from a similar business.
- Highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change.
The next role on the career path of director of operations would be commercial director or managing director.
Should you require assistance recruiting for an Operations Director then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist executive recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.