Channel Sales Manager Job Description
The channel sales manager is responsible for driving sales within a particular channel and to help maximise revenue opportunities with channel partners.
Duties of the Channel Sales Manager
- Setting up new channel partners and overseeing the on-boarding process.
- Implementing channel marketing plans set out by the channel marketing team.
- Working closely with sales teams within the channel partner to train and advise.
- Regularly meeting with counterparts with partner organisation.
- Monthly reporting on sales KPI’s within channel partners.
- Working to sales and revenue targets as set by the Sales Director.
- Giving feedback to the marketing team on the success of sales promotions.
- Addressing customer service issues as raised by the channel partner.
- Identifying and reaching out to new potential channel partners.
- Working on cross selling opportunities within the organisation.
Background of the Channel Sales Manager
- Previous experience of driving channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and passionate about sales.
- Professional sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a National Account Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com, we’ll get straight back to you.
The next position on the career ladder for a channel sales director would be either head of sales or director of sales.