Sales Manager Job Description
The sales manager manages all sales activities for the business and oversees the day to day management of the sales department.
Duties of the Sales Manager
- Managing the sales team and all sales activities within the company.
- Motivating staff and leading the team to achieve sales targets.
- Interviewing and selecting new members of the sales team.
- Carrying out sales training with sales executives and role playing sales techniques.
- Ensuring all administration for sales is completed effectively.
- Setting sales targets and activity key performance indicators.
- Reporting on progress towards sales KPI’s.
- Visiting customers and potential customers alongside sales executives.
- Cold calling customers and selling services and products
- Liaising with other departments within the company.
- Chasing leads and following up on opportunities to generate sales.
- Arranging to attend industry conferences and events.
- Networking with companies in the industry.
Background of the Sales Manager
- Proven track record of successfully managing sales teams.
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the company’s market.
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
- Target driven and money motivated individual.
If you need help sourcing a top performing Sales Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
Alternatively please book a convenient time to speak to one of our consultants. arrange a call
The next role on the career path for a sales manager would be head of sales.
Jobs you may be interested in
£40000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and car - UK - Midlands
£40000 - £50000 per annum - UK - Midlands
£65000 - £90000 per annum, Benefits: Profit Share, Plus Quality Car - Buckinghamshire