Sales Manager Job Description
The sales manager manages all sales activities for the business and oversees the day to day management of the sales department.
Duties of the Sales Manager
- Managing the sales team and all sales activities within the company.
- Motivating staff and leading the team to achieve sales targets.
- Interviewing and selecting new members of the sales team.
- Carrying out sales training with sales executives and role playing sales techniques.
- Ensuring all administration for sales is completed effectively.
- Setting sales targets and activity key performance indicators.
- Reporting on progress towards sales KPI’s.
- Visiting customers and potential customers alongside sales executives.
- Cold calling customers and selling services and products
- Liaising with other departments within the company.
- Chasing leads and following up on opportunities to generate sales.
- Arranging to attend industry conferences and events.
- Networking with companies in the industry.
Background of the Sales Manager
- Proven track record of successfully managing sales teams.
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the company’s market.
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
- Target driven and money motivated individual.
If you need help sourcing a top performing Sales Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 0207 125 0460 alternatively drop us an email at email@example.com we’ll get straight back to you.
The next role on the career path for a sales manager would be head of sales.
Download Job DescriptionDownload
Jobs you may be interested in
£35000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: OTE £100k Uncapped commission - Wales
£18000 - £20000 per annum, Benefits: OTE £22k - Wales
£35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: OTE 65K Uncapped - UK - South East