Category Manager Job Description
The Category Manager is responsible for managing a product category for a product or range.
Duties of a Category Manager include:
- Providing your client with customer focussed insights regarding the product and category.
- Creating and developing a long term plan and strategy for development of the category.
- Overseeing a team of analysts and other support staff.
- Driving category relationships with the large retailers.
- Becoming a leader in category ranging, pricing and promotions across customer channels.
- Leading category management projects to optimise ranges and related merchandising.
- Working alongside customer and national accounts teams to translate customer insights into strategies which drive performance.
- Managing a large portfolio of different retails brands and developing appropriate strategies for each.
- Developing strong working relationships with buying, marketing and merchandising teams is essential.
The ideal background of a Category Manager:
- You will have previous experience as a category manager ideally for a similar organisation.
- The ability to analyse and accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data is essential.
- A thorough understanding of retail insights is essential.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the company is essential.
- Previous experience and knowledge of a retail environment.
- Being good with numbers is essential.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Category Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist marketing recruitment team on 020 8349 3508. Alternatively you can arrange a convenient time to speak to a consultant here. arrange a call