Community Manager Job Description
The community manager is responsible for managing and engaging with the organisations online community in a way which builds brand awareness and loyalty.
Duties of a community manager include:
- •Working alongside the social media manager to generate new ideas for social content to drive communications.
- •Planning social content and maintaining the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging.
- •Writing engaging copy for use on relevant social media platforms.
- •Engaging with Fans and Followers to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement.
- •Weekly reporting on social media engagements within the community.
- •Monitoring the success of the community and of social media in terms of the overall marketing strategy.
- •Liaising with internal stakeholders to relay customer feedback insights gained from online conversations within the community.
The ideal background of a community manager:
- •Previous experience working as a community manager in a similar role or alternatively a background in social media ideally from a similar industry.
- •The ideal community manager will be passionate and articulate with the ability to analyse the implications of online communications and messages.
- •Must have a cutting edge interest in social media and be abreast with the fast changing nature of social media and ensuring that new opportunities for engaging with customers are realised.
- •Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential.
- •A relevant degree in either marketing, IT or English is essential