Graphic Designer Job Description
The Graphic designer is responsible for designing a wide range of different graphics for an organisation.
Duties of a Graphic designer include:
- Supporting the marketing team with any Graphic Design requirements.
- Designing all the company’s graphics including all sales and marketing materials such as catalogues, online banners and branded materials.
- Working alongside marketing and product teams to develop Point Of Sales Materials, packaging and adverts.
- Managing and maintaining a content database of all online and offline marketing materials and content.
- Managing artwork to ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to throughout the company’s materials.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding production of materials ensuring these are taking into consideration with internal deadlines.
- Taking down design briefs and translating these into creative but practical branded materials.
- Making design decisions based on analytical data and user testing results
The ideal background of a Graphic designer:
- Previous experience working as Graphic Designer ideally in a similar industry would be a strong advantage.
- You will be creative and passionate about graphic design with an organised and time sensitive approach to your work.
- The ability to produce creative material to sometimes short deadlines is essential.
- An up to date portfolio will be essential for any graphic design roles you apply for.
- Experience using graphic design software packages such as In Design, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of online software and packagers such as HTML, Dreamweaver and Content Management Systems.
If you need assistance with the recruitment of a Graphic designer please get in touch with our team on 020 8349 3508.
If you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.