Content Manager Job Description
The content manager manages content creation for the company website ensuring content on the website stays up to date and relevant.
Duties of a Content Manager
- Overseeing all content creation activities for the organisations website.
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company's wider goals.
- Creation of a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Writing entertaining and informative search engine optimised copy.
- Targeting keywords set by the online marketing manager and basing articles around them.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Assisting the online marketing manager with ad-hoc copywriting.
- Repurposing content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Creation of entertaining and informative video content for the website.
- Working alongside the social media manager to create content for the different social media channels.
- Updating all sections of the website including homepage and all other categories.
- Training the ecommerce team on how to use the website content management system.
Background of the ideal Content Manager:
- Degree educated ideally from an English, marketing or Journalism related degree.
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content.
- Previous experience working as a content manager or copywriter would be an advantage.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Content Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our digital marketing recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
If you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.