Managing Director Job Description
The managing director holds ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of the company and its strategic direction.
Duties of the managing director
- Leading the company and ensuring all employees buy into the company vision.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board.
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with other board members to oversee its implementation.
- Meeting with the finance director on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company.
- Working closely with the Sales Director on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Carrying out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Implementing new processes and procedures across the business.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and Sales Team to land large accounts.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance director.
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyzing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
- Succession planning for senior members of the company to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
Background of the Managing Director
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organisations.
- Target driven and results focussed individual.
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the target market.