Area Sales Manager Job Description
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for making sure sales targets are met within the designated sales area or territory.
Area Sales Managers develop a close relationship with all their major accounts to grow business organically and find new business. Area Sales Managers are experts in understanding their products, market area, trends, opportunities and competitive activity.
Duties of the Area Sales Manager include:
- Finding new customers and constantly expanding the business.
- Monitoring sales data and keeping up to date with current market trends and customer needs.
- First class consultative sales skills. Good understanding of Features and Benefits.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account.
- Preparing account profiles for company accounts.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision makers.
- Use pareto analysis to ensure top accounts giving 80% of the business are lot lost and grow.
- Ability to complete management reports on time essential.
- Aware of applicable company KPIs and business plan.
- Be aware of all competitive activities within major accounts.
- Good disciplined use of CRM and administration.
- Sales presentations for clients showing the success and credibility of the business and its products
- Give pricing information to management and make recommendations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers if appropriate.
- Create sales strategies for sales manager/ director to approve
Requirements for the role:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales experience essential. Formal training in Spin Selling© or Miller Heiman desirable.
- Demonstrable and successful sales track record
- Good technical background in product area is desirable
- Good presentation skills
- Proven record of effectively meeting sales quotas
- A degree in business studies would be an advantage
Should you require assistance recruiting for an Area Sales Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.