Brand Manager Job Description
The Brand Manager is responsible for driving the growth of the brand within an organisation and ensuring all aspects of its marketing and manufacturing match.
Duties of a Brand Manager include
- Managing all aspects of the brand through the supply chain both tangible and intangible.
- Analysing the brand and current strategy and highlighting areas of weaknesses or conflicting messages.
- Creating a brand plan and brand strategy and ensuring all aspects of the product or companies marketing and activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand.
- Sourcing suppliers and products that fit with the context of the brand.
- Creating an enduring brand message that results in increased sales, brand loyalty and improving market share.
- Championing the brand internally making sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals.
- Working closely with all parts of the company to ensure commercial goals of the brand are met.
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Playing a key part in buying, sourcing and manufacturing of the brands products and ensuring all aspects of the supply chain align with the brand.
- Developing high quality and effective marketing materials that align correctly with the overall brand strategy.
- Realistic forecasting of sales and volume for the brand ensuring all parts of the company are geared accordingly.
- Presenting the brand strategy to directors and sales and marketing teams at internal meetings and conferences.
- Managing external agencies and ensuring marketing budgets are met.
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximising all opportunities for growth.
The ideal background of a Brand Manager:
- Previous experience working as a brand manager ideally within a similar industry.
- You will have hands on commercial experience and be driven and passionate in your approach to marketing.
- Experience of the full marketing mix is essential.
- The ability to influence staff on a 360 basis both up and down the organisation is essential.
Charter are specialists in marketing recruitment and have a large database of Brand Managers. If you need assistance with the recruitment of a Brand Manager then please get in touch on 020 8349 3508.
If you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.