Communications Manager Job Description
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing all internal and external communications for the company ensuring its messages are consistent.
Duties of a Communications Manager include:
- Developing an integrated communications strategy for the company incorporating PR, Marketing and Online.
- Implementing communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organisation.
- Developing relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Writing UK press releases for local and national media.
- Adapting UK press releases for international syndication ensuring stories translate to differing international markets.
- Monitoring press stories relating to the company and its brand and maximising opportunities for positive PR and playing down any negative PR.
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Developing and leading the company’s internal communication strategy across the UK.
- Communicating brand to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the annual communications budget and ensuring its use is fully maximised.
The ideal background of a Communications Manager:
- Previous experience as a communications manager for a similar organisation would be a strong advantage.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree qualified of 2.1 or above, a relevant masters degree would also be an advantage.
- A proven ability to lead communications strategies in other organisations.
Charter are specialists in marketing recruitment and have a large database of communications managers. If you need assistance with the recruitment of a Communications Manager then we would love to hear from you on 020 8349 3508.