Sales Engineer Job Description
The sales engineer acts as a subject expert for closing sales that require in depth technical knowledge ensuring that the company can deliver what the customer requires.
Duties of the Sales Engineer
- Supporting members of the sales team and providing technical assistance for sales pitches.
- Preparing technical proposals and tenders for clients alongside the relevant sales people.
- Advising the sales team on strategies relating to sales pitches.
- Following up with customers to ensure orders have been fulfilled effectively.
- Attending meetings with customers and answering technical and sales questions.
- Assessing customer requirements and advising on the most suitable products for their needs.
- Reporting on existing sales prospects and next steps to close the sales.
- Preparing quotes for customers and costing up requirements to deliver the order ensuring profitability.
- Providing technical assistance to other members of the company as required.
- Training members of the sales team on the technical aspects of products.
- Key account management of existing customers and assessing opportunities for new business.
- Cross selling other products within the company.
Background of the Sales Engineer
- Strong technical knowledge and qualified to a high level in the relevant field.
- A natural ability to relate technical information to non-technical people.
- Highly motivated target driven individual with a passion for sales.
- Extensive industry experience ideally gained from a competitor company.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a sales engineer then please call our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
Alternatively please book a convenient time to speak to one of our consultants.