Territory Sales Manager Job Description
The territory sales manager is responsible for all managing all sales activities within a defined geographical territory.
Duties of the Territory Sales Manager
- Building the business within the territory using a variety of sales techniques.
- Targeting potential customers and assessing opportunities for sales.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers and selling product offerings.
- Cold calling companies within the territory and establishing needs.
- Putting together a list of target companies within the area.
- Analysing competitor activities in the region and assessing opportunities for business development.
- Working to revenue targets and KPI’s as set by the sales director.
- Networking with businesses in the territory and building relationships.
- Attending relevant industry events and conferences to build business.
- Chasing sales leads from other members of the company.
- Working closely with other territory sales manager’s and national account managers.
- Putting together sales strategies to target large accounts.
- Keeping up to date with industry news to identify opportunities for new business.
Background of the Territory Sales Manager
- Previous experience working as a territory sales manager.
- Relevant industry background gained from a competitor or company in a related industry.
- Excellent people skills and an ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Proven track record of building business and hitting sales targets.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a territory sales manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
The next role on the career ladder for a territory sales manager would be National Account Manager or Head of Sales.
If you're looking to expand your sales and marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.