PR Executive Job Description
The PR executive handles all public relations activities for an organisation.
Duties of the PR Executive:
- Overseeing the creation of PR campaigns and press releases.
- Working in conjunction with external PR agencies.
- Analysis and tracking of PR campaigns and reporting results to company management.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key and relevant members of the press.
- General administration including management of the press budget .
- Managing social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
- Writing press releases and distributing them to the media.
- Tracking company and campaign mentions in the press and distributing internally.
- Copy writing including blog posts and feature articles.
- Handling incoming enquiries for information from various members of the media.
- Advising company staff on handling and working with the media.
- Ensuring press releases fit the company’s brands and relay the appropriate message.
- Arranging competitions to promote current and new products.
- Organising events to promote the brand in the press.
Background of the ideal PR Executive:
- A degree in public relations would be a strong advantage.
- Previous experience working as a pr executive either agency or client side.
- An outgoing personality and ability to build mutually beneficial relationships.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a PR Executive please get in touch with our PR recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.