Press Officer Job Description
The Press officer is responsible for overseeing an organisations communications with the press and wider media ensuring positive working relations are maintained with key members and the organisations message is consistent and positive.
Duties of a Press officer include:
- Liaising with the press to communicate messages from the organisation.
- Building strong working relationships with members of the press and digital media.
- Providing advice to senior members of staff on written communications with the press.
- Proof reading and where necessary rewriting statements from senior members to press and the media.
- Managing various media campaigns throughout the organisation with different goals and planned outcomes.
- Ensuring the integration of digital and social media alongside any press and media campaigns.
- Working on a wide range of marketing materials ensuring the message and tone of written communications is consistent throughout the organisation and fits with the overall brand.
- Liaison with the press during times of crisis management or unexpected negative pr incidents.
The ideal background of a Press officer:
- Degree qualified with a minimum of a 2.1 in a relevant degree or equivalent journalism qualification.
- Must have a strong understanding of the press ideally from working in a similar role or from working in the press.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills are essential.
- Must be highly organised and be able to meet strict and erratic deadlines.
Charter are specialists in marketing recruitment If you need assistance with the recruitment of a Press officer then we would love to hear from you on 020 8349 3508.
Alternatively if you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.