Account Director Job Description
The account director holds overall responsibility for the account management team ensuring all company accounts are managed effectively.
Duties of the Account Director
- Managing a team of account managers and overseeing their day to day management.
- Creating an account strategy to drive sales across the business.
- Producing proposals and presentations for customers to land new accounts.
- Developing a comprehensive training plan for the account management team.
- Proactively identifying customer needs and business opportunities.
- Working closely with other business units to expand cross selling opportunities.
- Liaising with other members of the business on existing accounts.
- Building relationships with key personnel within customer accounts.
- Monitoring client satisfaction post sale and ensuring a high level of customer service internally.
- Setting and monitoring KPI’s for the account management team.
- Meeting with senior management for business planning.
- Generating ideas for new revenue generation within large customers.
Background of the Account Director
- Previous experience working in a senior sales or account management role.
- Proven track record of growing business with large customer accounts.
- Strong management skills and a natural leader and motivator of people.
- Industry experience from a company within the same market.
Should you require assistance recruiting for an Account Director then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
If you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.