Business Development Executive Job Description
The business development executive is responsible for bringing in new business for the company through a variety of sales techniques.
Duties of the Business Development Executive
- Generating business leads and following up on sales opportunities.
- Cold calling potential customers and building relationships.
- Establishing customer needs and selling products accordingly.
- Working to weekly and monthly sales targets and KPI’s.
- Arranging meetings with clients and carrying out product demonstrations.
- Following up swiftly on sales enquiries and sending out information.
- Working closely with other teams to develop new business.
- Researching the market and identifying potential target customers.
- Attending industry events in order to generate business leads.
Background of the Business Development Executive
- Previous new business experience ideally from a company in the same or similar industry.
- Proven track record of bring in new business and a natural ability to drive sales.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Well organised with previous experience using CRM systems.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a business development executive then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
The next role on the career ladder after business development executive would be business development manager.
If you're looking to expand your marketing and sales skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.