Field Sales Manager Job Description
The role of the Field Sales Manager is to lead and motivate the sales team, implement marketing strategies, and ensure sales targets are met.
Duties of the Field Sales Manager include:
- Leading a team of sales representatives and coaching them in their respective field
- Liaising with upper management ensuring sales targets are met
- Analysing current marketplace and feeding back important market and competitive information.
- Training sales team on sales techniques, administration and product.
- Planning, executing, and managing sales strategies
- Generating new leads and developing existing customers
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Work with marketing team to deliver improvements in brand engagement scores across different territories
Requirements for the role:
- Strong communication skills
- In depth understanding of sales and marketing principles
- Experienced user of sales CRM systems like Salesforce©
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Formal sales training like Spin Selling© or Miller Heiman an advantage.
- Proven sales experience
- Ideally a Bachelors or Masters Degree in business areas such as management, marketing, or economics.
Should you require assistance recruiting for a Field Sales Manager then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist sales recruitment team on 020 8349 3508.
If you're looking to expand your marketing skills then why not try a CPD accredited course from our partners below.